Friday, July 17, 2009

Safely in Germany

Hallo Everyone!

I made it safely to Germany.   I don't have a phone number yet..... sorry.....

I'm living in a giant flat... 6 bedrooms.... so I'll have 5 flat mates. I haven't moved in yet, because the person who's room I'm taking doesn't move out until the end of the month. So right now I live a few houses down in my landlord's guest room. Its tiny, but it works.

Everyone here talks really fast. My buddy (the german student assigned to take care of me) sometimes has to translate for me not because I don't know the words, but because they go by so fast..... Julia (my buddy) has been really nice. She took me grocery shopping, kept me awake my first day here, and made me a chart of the bus schedules to get to the University.

I'll update more as things happen. I start classes on Monday, and I'll go to Julia's parents' house next Sunday to celebrate her little brother's birthday and meet her family (he turns 10 the day after my birthday)... I'll try to take some pictures today too. :)

I miss and love everyone! Tschüss!


No comments:

Post a Comment