Sunday, November 1, 2009

Homework

Okay, if you read this, you are REQUIRED to comment. Please. As you know, I tutor some boys. Right now I'm mostly working with the 9-year-old, and every week I give him something to do as homework (in English). I'm running out of ideas really fast..... so if you have ANYTHING, please give it to me or tell me about it. He's really too young to do a lot of the typical assignments I associate with learning a language, so anything is helpful.
Also, we're sort of running out of things to do while I'm there. My access to English children's books is really quite limited, so I need something new to do.... Today we mostly played board games, which would have been fine, except that the cards were in German, and it was hard to get him to say anything in English besides "your turn"....
So you've read, now you get to comment!

1 comment:

  1. Add English captions to pictures of all sorts of things, or to narrate a cute little video on YouTube . . .
    Word songs like Farmer in the Dell and Alouette. . .
    A project that you work on together, like writing a story with pictures. . .
    Cook together . . .
    Google the K-12 bilingual lesson plans. . .
    Make sure he says "your turn" not "you're turn" :--)

    ReplyDelete