Monday, June 25, 2012

France, day 2

Rehearsals officially started today, which was fun. We're working on a little opera by Rosinni. It's the usual comedy about arranged marriage going wrong. The music is sweet, and fun to play. This morning a few of us decided to go for a run after breakfast. We ended up pooping out pretty fast, but it was fun anyway. We had 6.5 hours of rehearsal today, with a good amount of time for lunch. The food here is quite good. The town of Ambronay is very small. There is a bar, a pizza place, a tobacco store, and a pharmacy. The church and cloister where we are seem to be the same size as the rest of the town, but that's okay. The area here is very pretty: green and hilly. My roommate is really nice. She's an oboist from Holland... :) Tomorrow we are in for more of the same... I'll probably run out of things to write about here pretty quickly. Maybe tomorrow I'll explain what keys the horns are in during the opera or something else riveting. I still don't know how to post picture from my iPad on my blog... Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment