Sunday, August 21, 2011

Italy, part 2: Genova

Genova is where Niki's family lives. It's a sweet little city in northern Italy on the western coast. Genova is the home of focaccia, pesto, and Columbus. The air is pretty much always salty (my hair found this interesting...), and it was hot (but it's summer in Italy, so that's not really surprising).
Niki's family... look at all that pesto.....

This is Mimi... I'm totally in love with him, he's so cute!

Genova city center

OMG PESTO. Best. Pesto. Ever

Antonio Canova, The Magdalene

You wish you spoke sea turtle

I love the Mediterranean

It's so BLUE

At Portofino

Cute little houses...

And the bay....

And it was warm, really!

This is Paolo, the octopus

Ocean picture

My 300th gelato of the trip

My hair seemed to like the salt in it after my swim...

2 comments: