Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bülach, and My New Room

I think everyone knows that I moved (again, I'm getting really tired of it).  My new room is in a two bedroom apartment in what is either a large village or a small town called Bülach.  It's a very sweet place, I really like it.  I'm living in the old city, which means adorable shops and houses, and everything within walking distance.  Within three minutes I have city hall, a new book store, an amazing used bookstore, a bakery, a whisky shop (haven't been there yet, haha), a yarn store, a library, and I'm sure much more.  Last weekend the Christmas market was here, which was good, but dangerous.  Lots of good food and cute things to buy!

 This is the tower of the church I can see from my bedroom.  Yes, the clock is correct.  If you look closely, you'll see a brass band on the tower.  This was the first weekend I was here.
 This is a bit of the Christmas market right before it opened, so the crowds hadn't appeared yet.  It was much cuter at night, but getting a good picture was hard.  Just imagine everything dark, and the trees and the stalls glowing. 
 And, this weekend it snowed!  This is the view from my window.  The used book store is the window on the right.
 Same view from my window.  
 My desk and bookshelf.  I'm sitting here now writing all this...
 My bed
 My couch and clothing storage (yes, I have a couch.  You have no idea how cool this is!!!)
Another view of my bed and the window and stuff...

It's so good to have my own place again, and to be unpacked and mostly organized.  There are still a few things that are mysteriously absent (would anyone happen to know where my Brahms Horn Trio is?), but this is more settled than I've been since June.  My flatmate is lovely, and she has two adorable cats (pictures next time they come inside, they're out in the snow right now, I think).  

No comments:

Post a Comment