Tuesday, July 24, 2012

France, Vichy

Last night was our final concert in Vichy, France. I felt sort of bad for the audience, there were a lot inside jokes added to the opera between the orchestra and the singers, but I'm sure the audience didn't get most of them. We, on the other hand, had a bit too much fun. It was awesome. I also got to play first horn on the overture, which includes a big solo. It made me quite nervous. Today we pile back on a bus, which will take us to Lyon. From there I have a train back to Zurich, I arrive this evening. I can't believe it's over. I can't believe I won't see these people again until November when we get to play the opera again in Versailles. I really don't want this tour to end, don't want to go back to the real world. But... I guess I'm looking forward to sleeping in one place for more than two nights... And practicing something else will be fun. So, thanks for reading! Next stop is San Diego on Friday, and then Colorado on August 6th, so I'll see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment