Sunday, September 26, 2010

The First Week of School

School finally started on Monday. I was really excited, but a bit nervous--new school, new classrooms to find, new friends to make, and as of Monday, no schedule. I have been jokingly saying that I go to Hogwarts because I was literally counting down the days until school started, but the building I spend my time in only has one trick staircase. It's Cédric's school, the ETH, that I can't find my way around to save my life (I go up there for sports, who knew you could get lost in a gym!).

Anyway. My classes are: European Cultural Music History, Theory Intensive: Beethoven and his Influence on the Romantic, Audition Training for Winds, Orchestral Practice for Winds, Small Ensemble, Orchestra, Horn Lesson, Natural Horn Lesson, Piano Lesson, and my independent Bachelor Project. I'm in heaven! =) I'm also doing yoga and ballet at the gym to keep my back from rebelling.

I'm really looking forward to this week, now that I know what to expect from most of my classes. I really like all of the teachers I've met (there are still three to meet), and I love my horn lessons. I'm practicing a lot, learning a lot, and having, so far, a really good start to my school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment